We are Culligan of West Des Moines, your water technology experts proudly serving Central Iowa. Our dealership specializes in providing water softeners, reverse osmosis systems, water coolers, bottled water, water filtering and softener salt delivery service to area homes and businesses.
family run, For Over 65 Years
Three Generations based in West Des Moines
Culligan of Des Moines has been a part of the Greater Des Moines community for over 65 years. We're proud to serve Altoona, Ankeny, Carlisle, Clive, Colfax, Des Moines, Elkhart, Grimes, Indianola, Johnston, Polk City, Urbandale, West Des Moines, Windsor Heights and the surrounding Polk, Madison and Warren county areas.
Culligan of Des Moines started as a corporate store in 1951. Jim Murtha purchased the franchise in 1976 and it has since become a third generation local business. Jim’s son Andy Murtha has owned Culligan of Des Moines since 1991 and currently works there with his two sons.
Nitrates are the biggest water problem in the Greater Des Moines area, but hardness, chlorine and taste and odor are also concerns for local residents. Some communities in the greater Des Moines area have been experiencing high levels of tannins or iron in water, which causes staining.
Outside of our regular business hours, we offer a wide variety of in-home appointment times to fit your busy schedule, as well as 24 hour emergency service calls. Our delivery drivers are on the road and ready to serve your needs for Culligan Bottled Water, water softener salt and other products you need for top-quality water.
Whether you're concerned about lead, arsenic, nitrates or other contaminants, your local Culligan Man™ has the perfect solution for your water.
If you're battling water spots, dry skin or other hard water problems, your local Culligan Man™ has the perfect solution.
If your water smells - your local Culligan Man™ has a solution for that! Rotten Egg odor? Chlorine making your bath smell like a swimming pool? We've got solutions.
Bad Tasting Water
Chlorine, bitterness, or metallic tastes? ANY bad taste! The local Culligan Man™ will find a solution! We will customize the solution to your needs and make sure it fits in the budget.
High Iron Water
If you've got rust stains, discolored water or other iron problems - You guessed it! Your local Culligan Man™ has a solution for cleaning up your water and eliminating stains!
Don't know why the colors are fading? White clothes turning gray? Your local Culligan Man™ can test the water free of charge and get to the bottom of the problem.
- If you suffer from hard water, we're proud to offer the best water softeners on the market, including the Culligan High Efficiency (HE) model - which is up-to 46 percent more efficient than other popular brands. - Considered a Consumers Digest Best Buy, the dependable performance of our HE softener is backed by one of the most extensive warranties in the industry.
- You can rest assured knowing our Culligan reverse osmosis (RO) systems are certified to reduce over 100 EPA contaminants.
- We continue to develop industry-leading technology, such as the Culligan Connect™ app for high efficiency water softeners and the ClearLink PRO™ reverse osmosis drinking water system accessory.
Our service will always exceed your expectation.
- You can expect prompt arrival, friendly service and trustworthy help with our salt and water delivery services.
- We will work with you to diagnose the water issues unique to your home, so we can recommend personalized solutions within your budget.
- Every Culligan product you choose is backed by its own Limited Lifetime Warranty.
We are your local water experts, with industry experience dating back to 1936.
- Our EPA-certified lab is equipped for in-depth water testing and analysis - helping you identify all issues related to your home's water.
- Your local Culligan men and women are actively involved and hold leadership positions in many different industry associations, including the Water Quality Association (WQA).
- Residential water treatment isn't our only speciality, as we have the knowledge and expertise to serve your commercial and industrial businesses, too.
- When you choose Culligan, you are working with an industry leader. Culligan holds more patents on water treatment equipment and processes than anyone else in the world.
- All Culligan employees are dedicated to the communities they serve and participate in a wide range of philanthropic events and fundraising campaigns.